Dear Sir/ Madam,
The Economic and Social Fund for Development – ESFD is currently inviting individual consultants –IT/GIS Expert - to indicate their interest in providing the services for identification a tracking and monitoring system for ESFD BDS field operations. Terms of Reference are hereafter.
In case you are interested in the assignment, you are kindly requested to send your CV together with a financial offer (fees per working days) to the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org , cc. email@example.com before May 14, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Subject: Short term mission for an IT Expert to identify a tracking and monitoring system for ESFD BDS field operations.
The Economic and Social Fund for Development (ESFD) is a permanent Organization for poverty alleviation, established as an autonomous unit at the Council for Development and Reconstruction (CDR). The Job Creation Component at the ESFD aims at the creation of employment opportunities through the provision of financial and non-financial services to small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
The non-financial services, known as BDS services, are offered to potential borrowers through a team of business advisors. The BDS comprises the identification of potential borrowers, support in terms of business planning, introduction of the loan applicant to the partner bank and support to the process of the loan application.
The objective of the short term mission is to develop clear and practical recommendations to the ESFD for the selection of a tracking and monitoring system for the BDS activities.
2. Scope of Work, Responsibilities and Description of the Proposed Work
- Based on existing gaps at the ESFD, explore available IT solutions on the market (best suited for the ESFD needs) to track and manage BDS field operations.
- Advise the ESFD on the best tracking and monitoring solutions available in the market.
- Assist the ESFD in the preparation of the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the provision of the “IT Tracking and Monitoring System” (Mobile app., web viewer, Dashboard, KPI and reports…).
- Assist the ESFD in the evaluation of the offers submitted by the companies applying for the provision of the “IT Tracking and Monitoring System” to the ESFD.
- Assist the ESFD in the supervision of the solution design
- Assist the ESFD in the supervision of the solution implementation.
3. Qualifications Required
- General experience: IT solution expert with at least 10 years of professional experience.
- Specific experience in the Design and Development in the “field operations monitoring” and “tracking & management solutions”.
4. Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Deliverables Outputs / Estimated number of days to complete:
- Conduct needs assessment and identification of system requirements/ 2 days
- Research of best suited “IT Tracking and Monitoring System” available on the market (Lebanese or abroad) / 2 days
- Develop Terms of Reference (TOR) for the provision of the “IT Tracking and Monitoring System”/ 2 days
- Assist the ESFD in the evaluation of the offers submitted by the companies applying for the provision of the “IT Tracking and Monitoring System” to the ESFD/ 1 day
- Assist the ESFD in the supervision of the solution design/ 2 days
- Assist the ESFD in the supervision of the solution implementation/ 4 days.
5. Duration of Contract
- The mission will take approximately up to 13 (thirteen) working days during 2019.
6. Scope of Price and Schedule of Payments
- The financial offer will be submitted as “daily fees” and must be “all-inclusive”.
- Payment will be issued (100%) upon completion and approval of deliverables by ESFD.
7. Criteria for selection of best offer.
- The offer will be evaluated as Combined Scoring method – where the qualifications will be weighted of 70%, combined with the financial offer which will be weighted of 30%.